Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own after
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own after Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 pm
    —
Hi, I have upgraded a pc for a friend. Only thing from old PC is GPU PSU and the case itself.(W7 home premium)

Everything is working great but when go to start then shut down it turns off completely then 3 seconds later starts up  PDT_Armataz_01_05

It's not the memory or GPU or DVD drive. His power button is pushed in but still it is not that causing it. I have gone through BIOS and made sure everything start up blah blah is disabled and have done the same in device manager in regard to network adapters. I have changed options under power management to not turn on after switching off. I have also tweaked registry settings to do the same. I have updated all the drivers for MB and everything else plugged in. Only thing I have not updated it the BIOS itself due to it being a bit risky wanted to look else where first as it isn't my pc or would have done it straight away PDT_Armataz_01_12  Ohh there are no updates for the BIOS so only opetion would be to just re-flash it

Have cleared the CMOS.

To be honest there isn't much I have not done.

Cheers

#2: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: Milos PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:28 pm
    —
this is beyond our power  PDT_Armataz_01_07

#3: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:38 pm
    —
Reinstalling windows as it worked for one person......nope didn't work. Will take whole thing apart and see what happens.

#4: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: Milos PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:18 pm
    —
Need a repair tool?  PDT_Armataz_01_11

#5: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 pm
    —
Long shot but have you check power management

#1 wake event..LAN ect ect .. id turn all those off

#2 cables to MOBO ?

#3 did this happen before you loaded any drivers aswell ?

#4 If you click on the Start Button: Right Click the Shut Down button: Select Properties: In the Power button action: Shutdown

#5 Disable auto restart in bios incase its an actual error thats causing it

1. Right clicking Computer, then selecting properties.
2. Going to the advance tab and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery (third option)
3. Uncheck Automatically Restart

I also had this problem a while back and ended up getting a new mobo JFYI    PDT_Armataz_01_15

#6: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:38 pm
    —
I have done all that. Was before any drivers were installed and after.

Checked the event logs and it is clean in regards to crashes.

#7: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:45 pm
    —
what about just one stick of ram and a cd drive ?

everything else out ... gpu ect

#8: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:03 pm
    —
Got 3 sticks of RAM and had one at a time with no dvd drives at all. Can't remove GPU as no onboard. Just dismantled the whole thing and trying again now.

EDIT: nope, BIOS re-flashing is last option really.

#9: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:20 pm
    —
Does anyone think there is a chance of damage to hardware if it is just left? Could he just switch it off on the back of his PC when it shuts down before it reboots? There is 3 seconds of it being off.

Event logs show no crashes, maybe just a non fatal bug.

It's running nice and smooth while loaded up. Temps are really low, CPU 7 degrees on each core.

#10: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:26 pm
    —
Wouldnt advise just switching it off, potentially some long term damage due to the voltage spikes.
TBH if you have time i would just swap out every component untill it stops doing it,dont you have a spare pc you could cannibalise ?

#11: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 pm
    —
I don't mean just turn it off I mean select shut down in windows and when it closes down fully in the 3 seconds before it starts up again switch it off at the back.

I saw a thread where the GPU caused the problem. Will swap my sons over and see what happens. After I have done that there is nothing else to swap. Well Other than the PSU which is a bit of hassle to do but that worked fine in the previous build.

If I turn it off via the on button by holding it, it does not restart.

I know it's not the buttons on the case being stuck, not the RAM not the DVD drive, BIOS settings all set to disabled in regard to turning on with mouse keyboard and whatever. In windows selected not to tun on after turning off also.

Will do GPU quickly. If that fails will go for BIOS re-flash.

#12: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:47 pm
    —
Just to clarify,

You have a new mobo / cpu / ram ?

#13: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 pm
    —
New mobo, cpu, ram, dvd drive and hard drive with new installation of W7 home premium.

Old Case, PSU and GPU.

#14: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 pm
    —
well id put a spare psu and gpu in and see what happens
if its still the same id say mobo is fubar

#15: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 pm
    —
Put my sons GPU in and it works fine. My sons does not require power direct from PSU.

Just trying my mates GPU with the power lead coming from a different slot.

EDIT: With power coming from different slot still doesn't work. He will just have to upgrade his GPU I guess. Some odd conflict  PDT_Armataz_01_05

May try with my GPU and see if that works as that requires power from PSU.

EDIT 2: It is a fucking nightmare searching google for GPU causing pc to start up after shutting pc down. Just comes up with GPU shutting pc down after over heating. OTHER WAY AROUND YOU CUNTS.

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2