Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own after
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#16: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: B0ris PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 pm
    —
I think it's unlikely that it is PSU related...random restart problems caused by a PSU would be what is knows as a "brown-out" reset.
This is caused by Vcc dipping below operational parameters. If is this problem it would happen during heavy loads. (Probably)

In my experience BIOS issues can cause random reboots. I've had this myself a on occasion.
Flashing the BIOS is not that hard or dangerous if you know what you're doing.
Today most motherboards have a dual or even four spare ROM:s storing a working version of your mainbords BIOS.
If the primary is not viable it automaticly selects the secondary.
If you cut the power during a flash...that's bad...or if you load the wrong version into your flashing tool.

The BIOS provides the means for the OS to talk to the hardware...if there's some hardware that is newer than the BIOS itself...that might cause some funky errors, especially if your BIOS is V1.0

TL;DR Update your BIOS to the latest version! ;)

#17: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:03 pm
    —
As said in the previous posts, it's after going through start and shut down, 3 seconds of being off then loads back up. It's not my computer or would update the bios in a split second but also as I said there is only one version  PDT_Armataz_01_11 So would just be re-flashing same bios but could work if other one was corrupt.

I don't really think flashing a bios is dangerous there is nothing to it, the dangerous part is while it is flashing if it gets interrupted as you said  PDT_Armataz_01_12 .

My old pc I flashed the bios chip and it would not start up after that, it was a dual bios pc but the second never saved the day and took over. Luck for me the chip just had a bad connection and just reset it's position and it was fine.

I tried my GPU in the pc and it works fine with that in it, when his GPU is plugged in it doesn't work correctly.

#18: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:27 pm
    —
Right, it is fixed.

It's my extension lead causing it. My PC started doing the same when I went to go to bed. It has gone intermittent now hopefully it will just work till the end of the week when I will have money for a new one.  PDT_Armataz_01_07

#19: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: B0ris PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm
    —
Extension lead? How about that....of all the things... ;)
Anyhow, nice fix!

#20: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: Milos PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm
    —
this is why xbox is the superior platform PDT_Armataz_01_11

#21: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:03 pm
    —
I know your in a very liberated part of the world
but we will have no mention of gay boxes here   PDT_Armataz_01_28

#22: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: Milos PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 pm
    —
One box to rule them, to find them, and lead them into the darkness...

#23: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:08 pm
    —
Milos just no lol.

#24: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: Milos PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm
    —
Its power cannot be undone

#25: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:19 pm
    —
My trusty tac light will rule supreme against your gay box invasion .

#26: No icon Re: Need to be fixed by tomorrow pc restarting on its own af Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 pm
    —
ohh man don't bring tac lights into it  PDT_Armataz_01_09

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2