FPS full/partial fix
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> Battlefield 4

#1: No icon FPS full/partial fix Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:10 am
    —
THIS IS A WINDOWS 7 FIX (only tried on 64-bit systems, may not work on 32-bit)
THIS MAY NOT WORK ON OTHER OPERATING SYSTEMS

In BF4 a lot of people have been having very low FPS rates. I have tried this myself and I got a friend to try it as well. I got it fully fixed and my game runs smoother than BF3 on full ultra with resolution scale at 200%. If you have an AMD card ignore the steps 1, 2, 9 and 10.

1. If you haven't updated your nvidia drivers don't do it yet
2. If you have installed them don't worry but you won't have as good of an effect (can backdate to the ones released in september if you like)
3. Open regedit.exe (have to press the windows key and search there)
4.  Go to Edit --> Find
5. Select (in the 'Look At' box): Keys (deselect Values and Data)
6. Search for 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583
7. Change ValueMax from 64 to 0.
8. Shut down your computer and start it up (do not restart it by clicking restart, do it manualy)
9. Now install your latest NVIDIA drivers
10(optional). Use GeForce Experience to optimize your settings and then change them accordingly - it gives a good basic idea to your settings but it's not 100% accurate especially on games that have been recently released.
11. Have fun in this AMAZING game!

Hope this helps people if they have bad FPS issues :D

#2: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: SgtCrillyLocation: Värnamo, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 am
    —
That sounds dangerous, what does it do?
Did it help you?

#3: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: LatrortaL PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:44 am
    —
Ah i remember this from a while ago actually, don't think i did it in the end.

It has something to do with Windows 7 parking your CPU cores to save power or something along those lines,  so when you turn it off it does not park them and the theory is it speeds things up. as i remember i had a core 2 duo at the time and that was useless with this change.

The way i understand it in 'thicko' terms is imagine 4 glasses on a shelf (cores) windows 7 will take a glass off the shelf and fill it until full, then another and so on, if it does not need the glass it puts it back on the shelf.

turning the parking off is like immediately taking all the glasses off the shelf and filling each one a little bit with no need for the act of taking a glass off and putting back on said sheld

I could be entirely wrong but that's how i understand it.

Might actually give this a bash, just make sure you all create a system restore point to be safe if you try this!

#4: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:11 pm
    —
(Nvidia)had 20-40 fps this morning accompanied by disco textures and lag. now it runs as smooth as bf3 if not more after the driver update and system restart :D

#5: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: SgtCrillyLocation: Värnamo, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:33 pm
    —
Well i did the thingy, dont notice any change. Most servers are ok, not ours though, its unplayable with the rubberbanding.

Only map i have trouble with on other servers is the sounds on the one with the dam and the hotell falling on the other beach map, that lags me out.

#6: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:31 pm
    —
everybody seems to have the sound bug on the maps - you dont get them in the air vehicles though. This fix makes windows 7 'park' your CPU cores better. Windows 7 makes some of your CPU cores 'park' depending on the load e.g. if you have 8 cores 4 of them are put out of use , or parked, if the load is small but windows 7 doesnt release these cores from being parked when the load increases until it hits a certain point which is higher than it should be. in terms of BF4 this means that when you load it up your cores are unparked and more of your cores can be used to make the game run faster :D

#7: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:34 pm
    —
Crilly you may not have much effect right now - test it on 140% resolution draw and it shines even more - my BF4 struggled to run above 5 FPS on 30% resolution draw beforehand and now it runs in the low 300s at 140%

#8: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:45 pm
    —
what is resolution draw?

#9: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: DiddyDon PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:16 pm
    —
Is there anything for windows 8.1?

#10: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: Milos PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:18 pm
    —
Dont think too many peeps here have windows 8+

#11: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:25 pm
    —
These (really basic tips) may help some of you.. I hope it does..

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

#12: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: AgitatedGipsyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm
    —
Is it worth upgrading to windows 8 for the performance boast ?

#13: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: Milos PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm
    —
Nothing is worth windows 8 XD

#14: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: AgitatedGipsyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:39 pm
    —
allot folk are saying that bf4 running great on it :?

#15: No icon Re: FPS full/partial fix Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:52 pm
    —
Running great for me on it  PDT_Armataz_01_06

If you have more than one monitor I recommend windows 8 tbh. Found it horrid to use with one.

Strategic Assault Squad -> Battlefield 4

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1