BF4 Video Settings Tips
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Strategic Assault Squad -> Battlefield 4

#1: No icon BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: LatrortaL PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 am
    —
oioi had a bit of a bash last night till 2am with brandon (eyes hurt this morn heh) we were chatting about graphics settings and the best tweaks to optimise etc.

I know we all have different hardware but i thought i'd start a thread to share any tips ya'll have/will find to get the best out of the video settings.

Brandon had a fair few tips which got my FPS up to playable levels.

#2: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 am
    —
um everything on ultra. hmm I have no tips  PDT_Armataz_01_10

#3: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am
    —
Low. Low i says :)

#4: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:52 pm
    —
Can we make this a sticky and have links to YouTube and other places where people suggest various tweaks and definitions of the BF4 settings?!

#5: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:09 pm
    —
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

i use that, low is best for first person shooters, less clutter on the screen and healthier for the hardware :)

#6: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:28 pm
    —
yeah i know what you mean but man i cant handle shitty graphics.. why pay £45 for a game to not see the lush of the fields and particle effects etc.. nah.. gotta be max settings for sure.. I know the load on the PC would be better on low, also easier to make out targets etc.. but man just not worth it ;)

#7: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 pm
    —
Try low, its still 1080p 60fps, and it looks crazy good imo.

#8: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 pm
    —
1080p ... Low resolution then  PDT_Armataz_01_11

#9: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:58 pm
    —
hmm.. idk.. ill try it.. ill do both settings, screenshot and do side-by-side, upload in the morning

#10: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:12 am
    —
hmmm what about audio?

I can not get surround to work  PDT_Armataz_01_09

Went through the settings in-game no good. audio isn't there half of the time. Beta was ok from what I remember.

#11: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:05 am
    —
ive only been on 3 maps so far and all of them have had crappy audio

#12: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 pm
    —
It seems like the only ones I ever get bad audio on are golmud railway, lancang dam and hainan resort. All the rest have been fine so far :P

#13: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 pm
    —
TillBGoode wrote (View Post):
hmmm what about audio?

I can not get surround to work  PDT_Armataz_01_09

Went through the settings in-game no good. audio isn't there half of the time. Beta was ok from what I remember.

I'm not sure about audio...  Maybe a patch..?  I have it set to headphones.. Cause I jus stick to headphones.. What are war tapes..? I've noticed this on all the bf games.. Thought it gives deep immersive sound but am not sure if having surround sound is a must..?

I've tried it on low and ultra settings.. I get a difference of 30fps..coukdbt take a screenshot.. Tried it on the single player and I guess they blocked that but it does t look too bad on low.. A bit cartooney and lacks the amazing effects the DICE team worked hard on.. Even though my frames go low I don't notice a hit on game play.. The fps drops but I don't lag out or anything oO

I tried it on high and got about 10-20fps boost compared to ultra and I can't even tel the difference either visually or in terms of fps between  ultra and high..

I turned off that ambient light thing (can't remember what it's called)  last in the video options.. Again didn't notice a difference visually or with fps.

Having said that I suppose it's best to test it online in a full 60/60 server for a few rounds and see.. I suppose the usual applies to having unnecessary Web tabs closed and apps shut off to help ram cpu etc..

#14: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:19 pm
    —
You guys might find this helpful.. not so much for me..

Link

Any other tips post up here..

#15: No icon Re: BF4 Video Settings Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:34 pm
    —
If you arent hitting 60+ defo check it out

Strategic Assault Squad -> Battlefield 4

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2