Security
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon Security Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm
    —
I was wondering what you guys would recommend as far as protecting the systems are concerned..

I use Kaspersky and Malwarebytes.. Sometimes Kaspersky catches things that Malware doesn't and vice versa.. Is there anything else I could use to help protect the system from cloggy shit and spyware etc? Is it worth trying to use things to hide my IP or something from the likes of the NSA, GCHQ, and trolls?

Also, are programs which boost web speed worth it? Or, is there a way to prioritise my connection over others on WiFi?

#2: No icon Re: Security Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:10 pm
    —
All i use is avast free edition . ive never had a virus since i switched to W7
and anything that does get picked up is usually a false positive from something im aware of anyway.

EDIT : Ref speed. You could check your router and see if it has any QOS settings

#3: No icon Re: Security Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 pm
    —
I use McAffee - pretty cheap and I've never picked up anything since I switched to it about 2-3 years ago

#4: No icon Re: Security Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:17 pm
    —
Hmm.. Well I've been using Kaspersky for the past 5 or so years 'cause both McAfee and Norton fucked me.. Plus it's free for both PC and mobile.. Never had an issue.. Ofc. something which isnt too heavy on the system itself would be great.. I used to use Trend Micro Housecall 10+ years ago which worked wonders..

No Lecro.. I'm using BT HH3 atm and that feature isnt present =/

#5: No icon Re: Security Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:23 pm
    —
SUPERKING wrote (View Post):
Hmm.. Well I've been using Kaspersky for the past 5 or so years 'cause both McAfee and Norton fucked me.. Plus it's free for both PC and mobile.. Never had an issue.. Ofc. something which isnt too heavy on the system itself would be great.. I used to use Trend Micro Housecall 10+ years ago which worked wonders..

No Lecro.. I'm using BT HH3 atm and that feature isnt present =/

I wouldnt trust anything that sounds like a communist dictator .
agreed on the scottish chap and edward though.

AVG used to be good but Avast (both free Ver.) have served me well  .

#6: No icon Re: Security Author: BreaumLocation: Danmark PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:11 am
    —
windows security essentials is auzom ;D i used AVG and then AVAST too, but i hate what avast turned into so tried the essentials and it have really improoved ;)

#7: No icon Re: Security Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:20 am
    —
If your seeing software turn into things you need to stay off the shrooms dude

#8: No icon Re: Security Author: mike_rarwLocation: Oxford PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 pm
    —
A vote for avast free here to. All i have needed. if things get infected and start to slow down i will generally reinstall windows anyway.

#9: No icon Re: Security Author: SgtCrillyLocation: Värnamo, Sweden PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:22 pm
    —
Using Norton, got a sub when i got my PC it has worked well for me.
Not a virus yet and no keyloggers etc. Clears out cookies and shit on a regular basis but havent fouind anything else yet.

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1