Fold some protein
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon Fold some protein Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 pm
    —
Folding seems to have gone a bit quite since the new site came about,
If any of the new guys want to help out it would be coolio.

First download the
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Install and dont forget to enter the sas team number "215666"
Get registered or Log in

It needn't take up any time or electric than just browsing (well maybe a bit) but you can just set it to fold when idle.

Last edited by _lecro_ on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:56 am
    —
Yeah I was checkin this out earlier today.. what's the deal.. I dont quite get it?

#3: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:05 am
    —
My electric bill went up something crazy when i was doing it to catch lecro. When my wedding id out the way will start it up again.

#4: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:38 am
    —
SUPERKING wrote (View Post):
Yeah I was checkin this out earlier today.. what's the deal.. I dont quite get it?

Im not even going to attempt to explain the details,
just have a look at the site its pretty detailed .
Get registered or Log in

TillBGoode wrote (View Post):
My electric bill went up something crazy when i was doing it to catch lecro..

You dont have to go mental doing it 24/7 just when your pc isnt using its power.
30 minutes a day is enough to make a difference.

#5: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:53 am
    —
Okay,

Yes I understand the science, I studied this briefly during my courses..

I'm wondering:

#1- Apart from feeling good about ourselves for helping, what's in it for us?
#2- Do I need to worry about NSA/GCHQ gaining access?
#3- Will this affect my:
          CPU
          GPU
          RAM
          HDD
          Bandwidth
#4- Can I do this while gaming? If so, will it affect my FPS?
#5- It says I can do this while I sleep, which is fine, but as Till said, will it power my PC?
#6- Would I need to manually turn it off and restart my system to clear data if it's hogging up too much?
#7- How can I sign up for SaS? Name, Team, Passkey?
#8- Why did we start doing this and who introduced this and why?!

#6: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:27 pm
    —
You can set how much it effects cpu and gpu. I had it on gull whack and basically put your gpu and cpu to the limit. Forgot to turn it off whist gaming and was not overly playable but as i say you can set it so you could still play if you wanted. Nothing to gain other than it us a good deed .i had some stupidly high electric bills last year but i did have it in full whack anytime i wasn't gaming PDT_Armataz_01_14

#7: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: Milos PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:43 pm
    —
wtf is folding XD, nvm just got it

#8: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:13 pm
    —
#1- Nothing, just feeling good about ourselves :P
#2- No
#3- Depends what you mean by effect.
if its set to max on GPU and CPU while your gaming your going to die a lot.
#4- Ohh .. see above :)
#5- Your pc has to be on for it to work.
#6- You would set it to only work while idle , so if you started playing a game then in theory it would stop folding untill you had finished,
in practice i would normally turn it off before practice for E.G
#7- In the apps config add our team number (215666)
once you have completed some work units you would be automatically added to our page.
#8- I did and refer to answer #1

#9: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 pm
    —
Aight, thanks for that.. will be setting up

#10: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 am
    —
Any progress on this ?

#11: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:54 am
    —
I'm doing some now and again..

#12: No icon Re: Fold some protein Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:39 pm
    —
After wedding when i'm not shitting bricks about my bills will do. The graph for electric use last year was mental around when I was going it. I know 30 mins a day what not but I am too forgetful to maintain that. I don't mind spending money on electric to do it...when I have it.

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1