Net Speed
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon Net Speed Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:45 pm
    —
I've just been informed that I'm eligible for fibre so here are my current speeds.. Not sure if it's worth me upgrading or not?!

Peak time:

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

#2: No icon Re: Net Speed Author: Enyaw PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 pm
    —
I switched to BT Infinity which was promising as I live close to exchange and local fibre box  PDT_Armataz_01_01

On install I get 77mbps with a upload just under 10 which is as fast as they say it will go
however there is a constant problem I have where the Bt equipment slowly winds me down to 30mbps and I have to send emails and  get an engineer to reset there kit an d away I go again.

Since changing however it makes little to no diffrence in gaming in fact in bf3 my ping reported went up, the only real benefit is if you down load a lot or have multiple connections at home. At least now I can game while theres various catch up tv services running.

#3: No icon Re: Net Speed Author: AgitatedGipsyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:50 am
    —
if you have the chance go Virgin !!!!!  

[img]
Get registered or Log in
[/img]
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3128512484[/img]

#4: No icon Re: Net Speed Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:03 pm
    —
I've heard about pings going up.. not sure if that's a myth or what.. I have no idea why it would do that.. only expected the opposite.. I get pings of about 12 on our BF3 server.. would hate that to go up by one V_V

I've booked a BT engineer to come on Wednesday 4th Dec (Virgin isn't available in my area and hasnt been since Virgin started their interwebs service.. only choice I have is BT and Sky).. What would the engineer do? You have FTTP Gipsy right?! I thought FTTP only goes up to 100Mb/s? oO

#5: No icon Re: Net Speed Author: ThornOfWrathLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:40 pm
    —
Sadly I am on sky and I get 3000 kbps download and on a good day my ping is 50 but it can go up to 150

#6: No icon Re: Net Speed Author: AgitatedGipsyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:58 pm
    —
iv hit 150 meg download before dont no how but happens allot i aint gonna complain ^^ Scotland fiber optics ftw !

#7: No icon Re: Net Speed Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:40 am
    —
Well.. BT engineers have come and go.. some issues along the way with line faults.. drop outs.. no WiFi connections etc.. that seems to be sorted (hopefully) and here are the results im getting..

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

I havent tested it out in game online yet.. but BF4 updates downloaded in no time whatsoever.. and compared to my previous speeds, it's a massive increase.. not FTTP yet though.. they're saying there isnt much interest in the area but with these speeds, im not complaining.. was promised 54dl and 10ul.. these speeds just piss all over that.. plus not noticing and issues re. peak times or whateve.. very happy with the service provided..

Although I'm feeling disheartened how fibreoptic broadband is becoming obsolete and yet I've only just got it V_V

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1