Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issues
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> Battlefield 4

#1: No icon Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issues Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:36 am
    —
EA is getting ready to release a free DLC as an apology to players for all the BF4 problems.
December 22nd, 2013 IN Rumors

EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC

Battlefield 4 has been through a lot of issues since launch. And while developer DICE has fixed many of the problems with countless patches, the game is still far from perfect.

After all, the first month or so with Battlefield 4 has been a nightmare, and the only compensation DICE has given to those dealing with the game has been a week long of double XP and a pistol scope.

Many players were insulted by this meager gesture for all the trouble they’ve been through with the game — spending $60 on a broken game, and another $50 for Premium.

EA and DICE have been facing a lot of heat from gamers and the press over Battlefield 4 and how it was rushed to market. Last week, game host Kevin Pereira raged about Battlefield 4, calling it “buggy bullshit”.

It now seems that EA is trying to smooth things out with those who purchased the game, and this time, it won’t be just a pistol scope.

According to a rumor, EA is getting ready to offer a free Battlefield 4 DLC as an apology to gamers. We’re not sure if this is the China Rising DLC, which most gamers have access to anyway since they pre-ordered the game, or the upcoming Second Assault DLC.

DICE has stopped working on Battlefield 4 DLC in order to fix the game, and its unknown if this will delay the release of Second Assault, which is rumored to be released next month.

EA is also facing two lawsuits over the Battlefield 4 problems, both are class-action lawsuits that allege EA misled investors about the condition of the game.

#2: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: SgtCrillyLocation: Värnamo, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 am
    —
Like giving a free DLC will compensate anything for Premium members who alrdy get em all...
Just give us a working game and a battlepack with a Switchblade, G3A3, M24, a Ghillesuit and some dogtags PDT_Armataz_01_06

#3: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:44 am
    —
Hmm.. You can buy BF4 w/China Rising for same price as standard BF4.. not sure if that's what they mean when they say "We’re not sure if this is the China Rising DLC".. if they're going to release 'free' DLCs then shouldnt we all complain for wasting money on buying premium/pre-ordering for China Rising? And I didn't know about this week-long double xp and pistol scope?! Also, still waiting on my Veteran Battlepack!!   PDT_Armataz_01_17

#4: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: LatrortaL PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 am
    —
free DLC, but premium gets all the DLC anyhoo.... best be something good not just china rising

#5: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:39 pm
    —
SUPERKING wrote (View Post):
Hmm.. You can buy BF4 w/China Rising for same price as standard BF4.. not sure if that's what they mean when they say "We’re not sure if this is the China Rising DLC".. if they're going to release 'free' DLCs then shouldnt we all complain for wasting money on buying premium/pre-ordering for China Rising? And I didn't know about this week-long double xp and pistol scope?! Also, still waiting on my Veteran Battlepack!!   PDT_Armataz_01_17

Was on front page of battlelog - the 3x scope is for m1911

Veteran battlepack needs 2 games registered with your ea account (bf games and it includes bad company)

#6: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:39 pm
    —
LatrortaL wrote (View Post):
free DLC, but premium gets all the DLC anyhoo.... best be something good not just china rising

Dino mode? :P

#7: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: SUPERKING PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:43 pm
    —
sonicbrandon wrote (View Post):
Veteran battlepack needs 2 games registered with your ea account (bf games and it includes bad company)

got the entire BF series registered.. ¬¬

#8: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:59 am
    —
I have bf2 registered but it doesn't acknoledge the fact.

#9: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: SgtCrillyLocation: Värnamo, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:23 pm
    —
Yeah the Vet pack is bugged, guess theyr more concearned about fixing the game instead of it.
I got it and i had only got BC2, BF3 and F2P as vetaran statuses.

#10: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:49 pm
    —
I had BC2 and BF3

#11: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: RabbitobandittoLocation: Crewe, Cheshire PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:00 pm
    —
I've had issues with the Vet pack too and also, this is EA we are talking about here. I hate to say it but I don't really see them giving stuff away for free. Money grabbing wise, they are almost as bad as Microsoft with their xbox one.

Yeah it would be nice but, I'm not going to hold my breath. As long as they sort the bugs, I'm happy.

#12: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: AgitatedGipsyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm
    —
DINO MODE    ! WONT DINOSAURS !

#13: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: SgtCrillyLocation: Värnamo, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:45 pm
    —
Simon! Get out of the water, there are Megalodons out there!!!

#14: No icon Re: Rumor: EA to offer free Battlefield 4 DLC for game issue Author: Milos PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:49 pm
    —
SgtCrilly wrote (View Post):
Simon! Get out of the water, there are Megalodons out there!!!

Kill it!! Kill it with tv misiles!!

Strategic Assault Squad -> Battlefield 4

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1