Laptop Fan Broken
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> General Discussion

#1: No icon Laptop Fan Broken Author: RUSHGBLocation: Oxford, England PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:15 pm
    —
Hi Guys,

I am sure some of you have noticed I havnt been online at all lately, the past month my laptop fan has been having issues and this past week it has literally stopped working meaning my laptop overheats within 30-40 minutes of gaming or using it.

I am waiting for the company I bought it from to send me a new fan and I have also ordered 2 more fans from Japan but they are going to take 2-3 weeks to come so for now I am limited to my old crappy laptop that just about runs minecraft.

This means I won't be on to game until I get it all sorted.

I hope that is okay as I do believe my combat trial was soon.

#2: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:26 pm
    —
Trial on hold until issues sorted.

What laptop is it ?
Is a little old china man whittling them out of the fossilized bones of a velociraptor  PDT_Armataz_01_12

#3: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: Milos PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:54 pm
    —
ive got a monster laptop, that being said,
laptops ALWAYS have cooling issues.
i suggest not playing any games whatsoever unless you wanna risk your gpu going into the 90C+ deathzone :(
any idea why it died?

#4: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: sonicbrandonLocation: Gloucestershire, England PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:58 pm
    —
Lecro, it's a Gay Ming laptop, not a gaming laptop. Gay Ming, my buddy down at the Thai massage parlour, is fixing it for Rush - right now! :D

#5: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:21 pm
    —
sonicbrandon wrote (View Post):
Gay Ming, my buddy down at the Thai massage parlour,

Guilty by association
    PDT_Armataz_01_12

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#6: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: Milos PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:28 pm
    —
Lecro on a night out XD

#7: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: RUSHGBLocation: Oxford, England PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:11 pm
    —
Well I got it from cyberpower but the case is a clevo case and the only fan I could find online for the clevo case I have was from this japanese laptop part website that charges me $40 delivery on a $10 fan :(

It currently runs at 96C when playing any game, so does get a bit scary at times.

#8: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: Milos PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm
    —
RUSHGB wrote (View Post):
Well I got it from cyberpower but the case is a clevo case and the only fan I could find online for the clevo case I have was from this japanese laptop part website that charges me $40 delivery on a $10 fan :(

It currently runs at 96C when playing any game, so does get a bit scary at times.

Anything above 75 isnt worth the damage/risk imo when playing on a laptop, try to lift the ass(the back and undercase) with like a stand or something, so it can get plenty of air.
And most importantly clean the fans weakly, they clog up quite fast on lappy's.

#9: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: RUSHGBLocation: Oxford, England PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:50 pm
    —
Milos wrote (View Post):

Anything above 75 isnt worth the damage/risk imo when playing on a laptop, try to lift the ass(the back and undercase) with like a stand or something, so it can get plenty of air.

Well the fan is totally clear and dust free and its even on a laptop cooling mat, the issue is more that the fan isnt spinning fast and sometimes isnt spinning at all. :p

#10: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: Milos PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:17 pm
    —
Milos wrote (View Post):

Well the fan is totally clear and dust free and its even on a laptop cooling mat, the issue is more that the fan isnt spinning fast and sometimes isnt spinning at all. :p

Sounds bad  PDT_Armataz_01_03

#11: No icon Re: Laptop Fan Broken Author: RUSHGBLocation: Oxford, England PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:06 pm
    —
My fan is now fixed and my laptop is running like new :D I also added some new thermal paste and its as cold as the morning breeze

Strategic Assault Squad -> General Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1