Tips
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Strategic Assault Squad -> Claws Dirty Box

#1: No icon Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm
    —
Heres a control configuration for jets AND helis, if u dont fly often i really recomend this (been using this since bf3):
[img]
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
[/img]

#2: No icon Re: Tips Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
    —
Specsavers may have failed cus i cant read that shiz

#3: No icon Re: Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 pm
    —
You use a joystick? I get lost with button layout on mine lol.

I can never see anyone in a chopper. I can fly the fuckers really well, just never see enemy.

#4: No icon Re: Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:21 pm
    —
TillBGoode wrote (View Post):
You use a joystick? I get lost with button layout on mine lol.

I can never see anyone in a chopper. I can fly the fuckers really well, just never see enemy.

Nah all mouse and KB :P, can do joystick still maybe (xbox ftw!).
The visibility issue ur having could be anything tho, wats ur FOV setting at for one?

#5: No icon Re: Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm
    —
It is on max I think. But cockpit view is restricted.  I use joystick a saiteck one  forgot spelling)

I recently set freelook up on it but it is a bit sensitive at the moment. Need to get used to it.

Everytime I practice fighting choppers some twat gets me from else where haha.

#6: No icon Re: Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:48 pm
    —
It is on max I think. But cockpit view is restricted.  I use joystick a saiteck one  forgot spelling)

I recently set freelook up on it but it is a bit sensitive at the moment. Need to get used to it.

Everytime I practice fighting choppers some twat gets me from else where haha.

Why not try with mouse and KB? :D

#7: No icon Re: Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:38 pm
    —
Still same problem of visability. The joystick works just fine, can fly just as well with mouse and kb but feels a tiny bit more real with joystick haha.

With joystick I can sort of look around and still fly at least.

#8: No icon Re: Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:13 pm
    —
Still same problem of visability. The joystick works just fine, can fly just as well with mouse and kb but feels a tiny bit more real with joystick haha.

With joystick I can sort of look around and still fly at least.

is the visibility problem mostly with jets (high speed and height and all) or with helis (more turning etc)?

#9: No icon Re: Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:26 pm
    —
Helis. I get hit and just have no idea where from. I move round but it is just a pain know if it was up or down. If I have sight of someone it isn't so much of an issue. Cock pit just has so many blind spots. Free look helps just need to get used to how sensitive it is on my joystick. I just have no real time practice.

#10: No icon Re: Tips Author: LittleBoySVKLocation: London or Slovakia PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:27 pm
    —
I fly chopers mice+keyboard since BF2 so no issues there.
I used Logitech Extreme 3d Pro for jet flying in BF2, but in BF3 they been late with support of it and BF4 they did not bother again so I sort of learn to fly it.

My main issue is that I often end up either with stupid gunner that will blast his MG with no rocket/TV, or pilot that is overly eager for own kills and knows fuck about map and get us killed

#11: No icon Re: Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:54 pm
    —
I had no issues in BF2 with it. I never needed free look in that.

#12: No icon Re: Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:05 pm
    —
I had no issues in BF2 with it. I never needed free look in that.

Dunno bout the visibility but we should join up in the heli if u wanna have some decent practice.

#13: No icon Re: Tips Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:00 pm
    —
Yeah be good. It is tedious seeing people going don't get in a chopper again you fucking noob. I sit there thinking shit maybe I won't fly a chopper today. When do people expect players to get real time experience lol. It is hard when yeah you just want to win the round and some noob isn't helping haha. I do suffer more being shot down over crashing. But if I get in a fight I have an enemy team that use AA and stingers so have 3 things to deal with. 99% time team I am on are like yeah someone deal with the chopper.

And I hear there are like safe zones like flying so low to not get picked up by stingers and what not.

I guess I should look up some chopper tips on youtube but again it all translates into real time experience

#14: No icon Re: Tips Author: Milos PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:42 pm
    —
Yeah be good. It is tedious seeing people going don't get in a chopper again you fucking noob. I sit there thinking shit maybe I won't fly a chopper today. When do people expect players to get real time experience lol. It is hard when yeah you just want to win the round and some noob isn't helping haha. I do suffer more being shot down over crashing. But if I get in a fight I have an enemy team that use AA and stingers so have 3 things to deal with. 99% time team I am on are like yeah someone deal with the chopper.

And I hear there are like safe zones like flying so low to not get picked up by stingers and what not.

I guess I should look up some chopper tips on youtube but again it all translates into real time experience

Thats below radar, and no, they have purposfully left it out of bf4 (was in bf3 but was removed they didnt like it).
The key imo is situational awarenes (isnt it always XD), try to memorize how long it takes for enemy chopper/aa to spawn and recognize what is firing at u in what part of the map.
As the pilot always keep an eye on the square down in the middle, if u have a good gunner it can lead u to threats/enemies that he sees before u.
All in all if u are pilot try to let (a good) gunner do the work, theres allot more to it ofc and every1 flys and guns differently :P

#15: No icon Re: Tips Author: vikingvirusLocation: Kingsbridge,Devon PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:16 pm
    —
I tend to be a gunner in the chopper as I'm pretty good at it when paired with a good pilot on TS. As I pilot though I'm capable but not great, I think even Mikes better than me XD. I wouldn't mind having some more practice time if someone wants to team up with me.?

Strategic Assault Squad -> Claws Dirty Box

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2