Bitfenix Comrade Build
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 pm
    —
Some of you will remember the last pc i built for baby Lec , well it seems the Mrs thought it was a bit too good for her so STOLE it ..  PDT_Armataz_01_08

So i decided to cobble together a load of parts i had hanging around to make a new one for the poor mite.

Only things i had to buy were the case and SSD which came in a tad under £70

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Last edited by _lecro_ on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: No icon Re: Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:13 pm
    —
hehe pretty cool.

I need to build my daughter one but I do not have the cash and saving for a deposit for a Mortgage...also want a new GPU just because.

#3: No icon Re: Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: LittleBoySVKLocation: London or Slovakia PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:06 pm
    —
Haha, similar situation here. No upgrade in next few months as mortgage gone kick of in Jan/Feb as we are moving house  PDT_Armataz_01_12

#4: No icon Re: Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:00 pm
    —
She has been playing some crappy game with her friends and they had been slagging of the DDR2 in her system (cheeky bleeders) so she wanted an upgrade .
decided to go halfs with her on a new HD just for storage some ram and new  cpu.

Ordered a Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Desktop Hard Drive 3.5" 7200RPM off ebay
and wierdly they sent a 4TB WD red drive for a NAS for just 40 quid.. should have been 80 odd ,
its a bit slower than the barracuda but its only for storage so all good.

Got 8GB of corsair DDR3 for 19.99
and a Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3gz base clock ...fastest cpu that would fit for 44 quid ..im sure they were well over 800 quid back in the day

still waiting for the cpu coming from china but with the new ram it flys for an old system

#5: No icon Re: Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:59 am
    —
Nice. I need to rebuild my daughters, was my sons but he has moved now. My mate blew it up haha.

#6: No icon Re: Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:31 pm
    —
The only wierd thing about the whole build is !
the ram is just plain old pcb no heat sinks or fancy ally covers
so i said
" do you want some nice blue covers to keep the temps down and just to make it look a bit nicer."
...She says .. "will it make it faster ?"
...no i said "just make it look better through the window !"
...She says .. "why would i want to look at the insides ?"

PDT_Armataz_01_08  must be just me   PDT_Armataz_01_12

#7: No icon Re: Bitfenix Comrade Build Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:45 pm
    —
Yeah, I had the same with my eldest when I was upgrading his. He didn't get any of it lol

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1