Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:16 pm Post subject: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public
Public BF1 server thread ..
please post all and any info you can find on servers ,
as you know my current situation limits me slightly !
Here is what we know about BF1 servers so far.
1. There will be servers you can rent
2. You will rent directly from EA. The servers will be hosted by Amazon, I3D, and Microsoft but you rent from EA.
3. You will have very little control. It is doubtful any type of rcon will be available. We know for a fact Procon won't work. The Procon staff have said so.
4. The servers will likely be VMs that can be spun up or shut down quickly which means reduced performance due to VM overhead
5. There will be no cost competition like we had for BF3 and BF4 servers. EA is monopolizing the servers so they can charge whatever they want.
6. The servers will likely be locked down with emphasis on play now match making. Except the configuration options to be limited. If you change too many settings your server may even become unranked.
7. No word on how to set admins for a server other than the server owner
8. No word on how kicking or banning will work (if you even can)
9. No word on anyway to run custom scripts or plugins. It is probably not possible. Especially since there probably won't be a rcon of any kind. It looks like all settings are on/off switches on a webpage.
10. No details have been released on if you can access the server directly in any way other than the simplified webpage interface that is limited to on / off switches.
11. "Soon" is longer than 1 week. We were told last weekend we'd hear about servers "Soon".
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public
Battlefield WONT have rentable servers ?!?!?!?!?
Itâ€™s bad news time for Battlefield PC communities. EdgeGamers reached out to ID3 seeking comment on the dedicated server / rentable server topic. Unfortunately we were left with some bad news. It strongly appears Battlefield 1 will not have any rentable servers, players will be forced to play through official EA/DICE servers.
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:01 am Post subject: Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public
It's long been a tradition for dedicated players to be able to rent a server in the Battlefield series, whether to play it with your clan or set your own rules of engagement. Unless EA are hosting these servers themselves, though, it's likely they're not going to be in Battlefield 1 at launch.
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:03 am Post subject: Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public
Even more disturbing news
All Battlefield 1 rental servers will be operated by EA
Battlefield 1 will support private and public server rental, but unlike in the past, EA will not rely on third-party companies to provide them. The publisher made the announcement earlier this week on the Battlefield website, where it specified that the rent-a-server program will start rolling out following the game's launch later this month.
Not much will change from the user's end, though support will now be handled entirely by EA. "First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware," the announcement reads.
"Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support."
The announcement also indicates that certain game modes may not be available on rental servers at launch. "We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that weâ€™ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016."
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:06 am Post subject: Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public
All You Need to Know about the Battlefield 1 Rent-a-Server Program
Learn how to Set Up your Own Battlefield 1 Servers
By Jonas Elfving Alexander Hassoon
Following the Battlefieldâ„˘ 1 launch, we will start rolling out a Rent-a-Server Program that will allow players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, youâ€™ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.
Time synchronized with your computer time Goto page 1, 2Next
Page 1 of 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum